Monday 9 January 2012

2012 - The Year of the Cake!

Double Chocolate Whoopie Pies
I've got a new baking blog, that will allow you to follow my baking journey. So if your a baking fan come and check out my blog of trial and error baking...

I've decided to record the recipes I use, partly to save them somewhere where I can always find them. I was given a recipe file one Christmas, the kind where you write your own recipes in each section, but I just can't take to it - it's currently sat on my kitchen shelf stuffed full of magazine cuttings, internet printouts, freebie supermarket recipe cards and various other snipets on paper! So I decided, as I have reignited my love for baking, that a blog might be the way to go. As my better half would tell you I have never been a fan of blogs or blogging, in fact I would go as far to say that I just didn't understand the point...and yet here I am embracing it for all it's worth.

I have always loved cooking, but this year I have reignited my love of baking, partly thanks to my maternity leave allowing my the time to bake and also the time to watch copious amounts of telly...in step programs such as The Great British Bake Off; Baking Made Easy, Nigella's Kitchen - you get the idea! I'm totally self taught, if I don't know what something is or how to do it I'll turn to the ever faithful internet to help me along my merry way (never underestimate the power of Google & Wikipedia). My friends and family will tell you I'm a bit of a social media addict at the best of times, so you can also find me on Facebook & Twitter if you so wish :)

Other than that; my name is Zoe, I'm married and I'm a first time mum to my daughter, Chanel.   
   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment